Friday

Anthology Update

So, while I was pouring over my copious paint and layout notes for my gallery collection, the frayed and buzzing thought wafted through my mind while tearsheets fluttered to the floor of my studio: June first, June first. What in the world is happening on June 1? I asked myself, scrunching my eyebrows and twisting my lips.

Ah. I've got it: Thymos.
No, it's not the name of a glandular condition, . . . or a Greco-Roman lyric hero.



THYMOS is the name of an Asian American organization currently seeking submissions for their anthology; contributors must be affiliated with the state of Oregon in some manner, which was not elaborated very thoroughly on their Web page. Either way -- being an Oregon-born and -raised Asian American, I suppose I qualify! Hurrah!


Their tentative deadline is June 1.
Although you don't need to be Asian American, you should still consider giving them a ring if you want in on the project. E-mail them at: ThymosBook@gmail.com


I'm going to be preparing a mini-comic pulled directly from my 20s in San Francisco, and a personal essay on generational shifts between three generations of immigrants in denial of their vagrant beginnings in the United States. You know, cheerful stuff for the Portland, Oregon, set.

My cousins there should get a kick out of it.
I haven't been back to Portland since trying to sneak in to a Beastie Boys concert over by Yamhill way, way, way back in the time I'd like to call "the '90s". Or, I suppose I can call the days of listening to 7 Year Bitch and Veruca Salt the turn of the century instead?

No comments:

Post a Comment